Skip to content
- The Birmingham Astronomical Society
- An amateur astronomy club affiliated with the Astronomical League and located in Birmingham, Alabama, US. New members are welcome. To join see here.
- **Meetings will be held by video conference while we shelter in place.** Meetings are conducted the third Tuesday of every month at 7 pm. January through November meetings are held in the Christenberry Planetarium on the Samford University campus.
- **The Oak Mountain public star party on March 28th is CANCELLED** Two star parties are held each month, weather permitting, on Saturdays around the new moon at club viewing sites. Oak Mnt is a free star party and open to the public. Chandler Mountain is a Member's star party. For schedule see here.
- The society hosts Messier Marathons. For more information see here.
BAS Mailing List
- Members are invited to join the club mailing list. Receive club announcements and communicate with fellow members. Visit bas-astro.groups.io and submit a request to join.
- Visit the club Facebook page here or email your inquiry to email@example.com.